Sometimes when I’m chopping up vegetables for a recipe I have a handful (or two) of leftovers. They either won’t fit in the pan or are just too many for whatever reason. I like to keep these in a container in the refrigerator and add to them over the following few days. Add a chopped onion or two, top with bacon and Voila! A super easy and delicious supper!
This was an especially good treat after an afternoon of picking mullberries. That’s not dirt on my nails–its mullberry stain.
Prep time: 5 minutes, Roast/Bake time: 30 minutes,
Total time minutes 35 Serves 6-8
- 6 cups of cut up vegetables
- I used leftover vegetables I didn’t need from the last few meals
• Beets, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Sugar Snap & Snow Peas, Onions (I love onions!) to make about 6 cups
- 2-4 Tablespoons of oil (I use coconut)
- 1 lb bacon
- Place vegetables in (2) 9 x 13 baking pans
- Drizzle 1-2 Tablespoons of oil onto the vegetables in each pan
- Mix well & wash hands
- Peel bacon apart & place on top of vegetables in a single layer
- Wash hands & place in 425F oven for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is cooked
Recipe by Julie @ Goodfoodconnections.com